January 23, 2019
Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Location: Herndon, VA USA
APPTIUM Technologies is looking to hire a Java Developer to become an integral part of the team! You will be part of a talented software team, managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. Ultimately, you will deploy and maintain functional, secure and high-quality applications.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, and debug web-based software solutions, with a focus on Java, API’s/ back-end services and relational database technologies.
- Analyze, review, and rewrite programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new program requirements.
- Effectively communicate and resolve issues with cross functional groups to escalate issues or changes in scope.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with clients, customers and management.
- Experience working as a hands-on developer.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in the telecom or cable industry a plus.
- Proven ability to perform well in a deadline-sensitive environment.
- Agile/Scrum development methodology desirable.
- Demonstrated success in high volume, low latency business critical systems.
- Strong understanding of the J2EE architecture.
- Familiar with Java technologies: J2EE, Spring Framework, Spring boot, Hibernate, JDBC.
- Strong understanding and development experience in Web Services (REST and SOAP).
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE