December 01, 2021
Type: Full Time
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Apptium is looking for a highly skilled WordPress Developer to design and implement an attractive and functional website for our company. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes, customization, and plugins as well as site integration, optimization, and security updates. To ensure success as a WordPress Developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. Ultimately, a top-class WordPress Developer can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications.
- Provide strong technical and hands-on involvement with WordPress, MySQL, JQuery, CSS3 & HTML5.
- Responsible for implementing best practices for project delivery in WordPress.
- Advising on and coordinating the team’s technical activities.
- Identifying and owning architectural and other technically based risks, escalating as appropriate
- Experience in troubleshooting WordPress performance issues.
- Knowledge of setting up WordPress sites from scratch on Linux machines is a must.
- Experience working with WordPress at a PHP code level.
- Knowledge of WordPress site security best practices
- Creation of custom post types, Theme/Template integration
- Experience in creating and utilizing plugins like contact form, SMTP, Social media, SEO etc.
- Experience creating multilingual websites.
- Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues.
- Knowledge of google search console and chrome development tools is a plus.
- Basic Knowledge in SEO and SEM
- Hands-on experience with WordPress, jQuery, CSS3, HTML5 & MySQL.
- Good to know PSD Conversion to HTML
- Good knowledge in PHP and any PHP framework.
- Good knowledge in API integration and development.
- Experience in Responsive Web Design and Cross Browser Implementation
- Plugin Management and development, WordPress Maintenance
- Performance Tuning and optimization
- Backup and import-export WordPress configuration
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant fields.
- 1-3 years of experience in a role of a Web developer at technology and product development teams.
- Experience in working in a globally distributed development model.
- Track record of delivering high performance products.