Web UX Designer
August 18, 2018
Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Location: Herndon, VA USA
Apptium Technologies is looking to hire a Web UX Designer to help conceptualize, design and deliver extraordinary user experiences. You should possess exceptional user experience and interaction design skills, as well as an appreciation for visual design and design principles. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you must be able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions. We’re looking for a self-starter, self-motivated individual able to work independently and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Experience with interaction design, information architecture, user research, and other
- Strong knowledge of graphic design, user interfaces design, communication design and visual
- Demonstrated experience in designing responsive wireframes, components, gestures,
interactions, skinning and animations.
- A balanced approach to using quantitative analytics data and qualitative user research.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level
- A passion for your craft – Feel the pulse of design and web development trends and be inspired
by best-in-class user experiences.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Creating user flows, detailed wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design artifacts.
- Extensive experience in Wire framing, white boarding, usability testing and user research is
crucial for this role.
- Strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills. You confidently speak about your design
solutions from a user-centered perspective.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, understand the conversation between business and user
requirements and are technical enough to work closely with developers.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across all teams – dev, test and business
- Expertise in Adobe CS Design applications: Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign Fireworks to
generate high fidelity assets.
- 2-4 years of UX experience in a product company.
- Exposure to frameworks, including, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Backbone JS, Node JS, JQuery,
Responsive Design and Test Driven Design.
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key. Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running. Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups
Education & Experience
BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or related field
8+ years in user experience, usability and visual design practices for web-based applications