Web UX Designer
October 14, 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada
APPTIUM Technologies is looking to hire a Web UX Designer to help conceptualize, design and deliver extraordinary user experiences. You should possess exceptional user experience and interaction design skills, as well as an appreciation for visual design and design principles. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you must be able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions. We’re looking for a self-starter, self-motivated individual able to work independently and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
- Experience with interaction design, information architecture, user research, and other disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of graphic design, user interfaces design, communication design and visual communication.
- Demonstrated experience in designing responsive wireframes, components, gestures, interactions, skinning and animations.
- A balanced approach to using quantitative analytics data and qualitative user research.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- A passion for your craft – Feel the pulse of design and web development trends and be inspired by best-in-class user experiences.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Creating user flows, detailed wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design artifacts.
- Extensive experience in Wire framing, white boarding, usability testing and user research is crucial for this role.
- Strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills. You confidently speak about your design solutions from a user-centered perspective.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, understand the conversation between business and user requirements and are technical enough to work closely with developers.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across all teams – dev, test and business.
- Expertise in Adobe CS Design applications: Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign Fireworks to generate high fidelity assets.
- 2-4 years of UX experience in a product company. Exposure to frameworks, including, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Backbone JS, Node JS, JQuery, Responsive Design and Test Driven Design.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-5+ years in user experience, usability and visual design practices for web-based applications