October 15, 2019
Type: Full Time
Location: Chennai, India
Apptium is looking to hire enthusiastic UI Developers who can translate UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. Closely working with the UI/UX designer, UI developers will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create Web application front-end design and implementable code based on review of requirements and interaction with the UX designer, PM, key users and the development team.
- Develop functional and appealing Web and mobile applications based on usability concepts and industry best practices.
- Conduct usability testing to resolve interface issues.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design issues.
- Review existing Web applications for UI and usability improvements and work with team to implement.
- Perform usability and quality testing of new applications as required.
- Enhance existing software to improve user interaction, efficiency and quality.
- Strong skills on the presentation layer components – Good hands on experience in HTML, Java scripts, CSS.
- Knowledge on front end framework and design patterns – like MVC, MVVM, etc.
- Familiar with web technologies: JSP, HTML 5, Bootstrap 3, CSS3, JQuery, Angular JS, AJAX, JSON, YAML, XML.
- Exposure to working with Analytics and Graphs. Chart libraries like Google charts, High Charts, D3, Chart JS, etc.
- Experience in responsive design and test-driven development.
- Exposure to unit testing and test automation for UI, would be a plus.
- Experience in creating wire frames and visual designs using any tools like ppt, photoshop, invision, zeplin, etc., would be a plus.
- Ability to work on both Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Experience in working with version control systems like Git, Bitbucket, Github, Gitlab, etc. would be a plus.
- Exposure to build tools like npm, maven, gradle, etc. would be a plus.
- Familiar in software development lifecycle and preferably Agile methodologies.
- Strong grasp of web security principles, cross browser compatibility and web standards.
- Experience in REST or SOAP api integration would be a plus.
- Knowledge in telecom and e-commerce domain would be a plus.
- Team leading experience would be a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in web technologies, user Experience and web development.