Technical Project Manager
October 15, 2019
Type: Full Time
Location: Chennai, India
We are seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager who will guide the work of several agile development teams, ensure that teams follow development best practices, review work products, and synchronize the delivery roadmap on a large software program.
As a Technical Manager, you will work with clients and scrum teams to plan, design, and implement functionality for a large-scale client facing web application.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical guidance to development teams that include analysts, developers, and testers, and share your knowledge on delivery processes.
- Review development work products and develop detailed technical designs based on the integration of business rules and partner systems.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentor the developers and senior developers through formal and informal channels.
- Design, develop, and debug web-based software solutions, with a focus on Java, API’s/ back-end services and relational database technologies.
- Troubleshoot and triage issues – both during development and active production processing.
- Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Implement processes and methodologies to maximize productivity.
- Effectively communicate and resolve issues with cross functional groups to escalate issues or changes in scope with clients, customers and management.
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keeps project manager well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager.
- Owns the development lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
- Strong understanding and development experience in Web Services (REST and SOAP), relational databases (ORACLE, MYSQL), Linux/Unix environment
- Familiar with Java technologies: JSP, Servlet, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Hibernate, JDBC, Jersey.
- Experience in Atlassian JIRA, Confluence or any other related products.
- Experience with Big Data (Neo4j, Couchbase, MongoDB) would be a plus.
- Familiar with web technologies: JSP, HTML 5, Bootstrap, JQuery, Angular JS, AJAX, JSON, XML.
- Familiar with Analytics and Graphs. Chart libraries like Google charts, High Charts, D3, Chart JS, etc.
- Exposure to build tools (Maven, Gradle), Integration tools (Hudson, Jenkins)
- 10+ years of progressive IT experience project plans, milestones, requirement gathering/analysis, and system design and software development;
- 5+ years developing solution and strategies across multiple architecture domains (infrastructure application, data, integration and security) involving multiple of the following technologies: web technologies, service-oriented architecture, integration/middleware;
- Agile development methodology desirable.
- Experience in playing scrum master role in past engagements.
- Certifications on any PMO would be a plus.
- Should have experience working with external teams, production operations, program management and clients to lead and facilitate short-term and long-term actions to plan and deliver releases.
- Should be able to communicate quickly and clearly with a large stakeholder group, and provide an organized and calm response to throughout the release process.