Sr. Java Developer
October 14, 2019
Location: Herndon, VA
APPTIUM Technologies is looking to hire a Sr. Java Developer to become an integral part of our team! You will develop and code for various projects in order to advance software solutions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the system architecture design, systems engineering, development, integration testing and validation and all aspects of the software life-cycle (requirements to design to implementation to test) of web based software solutions.
- Provide implementation expertise and best practices in aspects of the software life-cycle development.
- Lead the development of software requirements related to areas of programming and product expertise.
- Analyze, review, and rewrite programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new program requirements.
- Effectively communicate and resolve issues with cross functional groups to escalate issues or changes in scope.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with clients, customers and management.
- Experience working as a Lead Developer and as a hands on developer.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in the telecom or cable industry a plus.
- Proven ability to perform well in a deadline-sensitive environment.
- Agile/Scrum development methodology desirable.
- Demonstrated success in high volume, low latency business critical systems.
- Experience in solving difficult technology problems and performing code performance analysis.
- Strong understanding of the J2EE architecture.
- Familiar with Java technologies: JSP, Servlet, J2EE, Struts, Spring Framework, Hibernate, JDBC.
- Strong understanding and development experience in Web Services (REST and SOAP).
- Spring, Spring boot, Hibernate.
- Experience working with relational databases (ORACLE, MYSQL).
- Experience in the Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA, Confluence a plus.
- Working experience with NOSQL databases (Couchbase, MongoDB) a plus.
- Working experience with Apache Kafka, AWS, CloudFoundry, Akka a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree
- 7+ years experience with strong development skills in Java/J2EE