St. Louis, MO
January 23, 2019
Type: Full Time
Location: St. Louis, MO
APPTIUM Technologies is looking to hire a Solution Architect to provide architectural and implementation guidance to our solution teams. The Solution Architect will own the functional architecture and various other aspects of solutioning including usability, performance, security, sizing, configuration and deployments. This role requires an understanding of Telecom BSS and OSS architectures and knowledge of industry leading products in each of those domain functions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with customer’s business, IT and architecture teams during initial project phases to define Apptium solutions including deployment infrastructure, integrations and external system touchpoints.
- Translate high-level business use cases into Apptium solution requirements and a functional architecture.
- Understand customer’s BSS and OSS landscape and position Apptium’s solutions
- Assist Sales teams with proposals and RFI/RFP responses
- Produce and effectively articulate both the architecture and design artifacts for Apptium solutions.
- Leverage/Enhance and extend underlying platform capabilities to support solution development.
- Provide consulting support to Solution Designers and Developers throughout project execution.
- Build support for sizing requirements within the Apptium solution.
- Define load models for performance and scalability.
- Define and solve usability and security needs of Apptium solutions.
- Define/own Apptium’s platform configuration including deployment, database and web servers.
- Effectively communicate and resolve issues with cross functional groups.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with clients, customers and management.
- Ability to design solutions around the data, security, integration and enterprise level application architecture requirements.
- Ability to document, articulate and justify architecture and design with customers, teams and Executive Management providing all supporting facts.
- Ability to contribute individually as well as collaboratively with teams.
- Experience in the telecom and/or cable industry.
- Certification of TOGAFF is preferred.
- Understand TMF SID and Open API frameworks
- Hands-on experience in Restful and SOAP web services.
- Sound understanding of a Telecom BSS and OSS architecture including key domain functions such as inventory, ordering, order management, billing, mediation, provisioning and rating.
- Experience with scalable microservices architectures.
- Knowledge of AWS, OpenStack and Cloud Foundry platforms.
- Knowledge of Neo4J, Mongo, Cassandra, Kafka and Elastic.
- Exposure to SSO, SAML, Site Minder and OAM.
- Exposure to Caching technologies such as Redis.
- Exposure to working with relational databases including
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years experience in enterprise and solution architecture in Telecom and MSO domain. Knowledge of Cloud solutions and Microservice architecture is preferred.