October 14, 2019
Type: Full Time
Location: Herndon, VA
APPTIUM Technologies is actively seeking a dynamic, tech savvy Sales Engineer to demo our product to prospective and current clients. You will work closely with our Sales Director to present key benefits and features of our product to help win new business. These will range from standard to custom demonstrations and give you the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of our clients and how our product will add value to their business. You will work closely with clients during our POC phase and act as a bridge between our offshore development team and the client to ensure we are delivering on our promises and exceeding expectations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with Sales Team to achieve defined sales goals
- Propose technical and creative business solutions in support of sales activities
- Design and deliver high quality technical Proof of Concepts for prospective customers Lead efforts to ensure the delivery of all technical resources into the sales campaigns
- Assist in the production of RFPs and other proposals to clients
- Present technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to a C-Level audience
- Represent Apptium’s product to customers and conferences, summits, seminars, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Business Management, Computer Science
- 5+ years as a successful Pre-Sales Engineer OR 5+ years in a Professional Services/Consulting role that is client facing and involves sales scenarios
- Technical depth to respond to all functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Familiarity and understanding of Business Process Management Platforms/Frameworks
- Willing to travel 50% to customer locations throughout the US and internationally
- Able to thrive in a unique culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design
- Confidence and skill to manage and prioritize multiple parallel tasks
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a team
- Decision making skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.