QA Automation Engineer
October 14, 2019
Type: Contract or full-time
Location: Herndon, VA
APPTIUM Technologies is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Automation Engineer with a background in working within an Agile SDLC environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and execute test plans, scenarios and scripts.
- Define and design tests, test parameters, schedules and strategies.
- Interpret test results and analyze test trends.
- Defect documentation, triage and tracking.
- Create, review, validate and maintain a comprehensive automated regression test suite.
- Manage test platforms and environments.
- Design and develop QA load / automation tools and test frameworks.
- Collaborate with developers and leads to improve testability, test coverage and automation.
- Use Scrum methodology and participate in all phases of the iterative process.
- Support Client and Vendor integration testing as needed.
- Support UAT tests, client demos and sign-off.
- 2-4+ years of experience in software QA and/or automation.
- Strong understanding of Agile, Scrum, and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies.
- Must have 1+ years of experience with in automation test frameworks, such as Datadriven, Keyword-driven Automation framework.
- Strong XML and JSON generation and manipulation skills, and web services.
- Must be familiar with standard testing and defect management tools (QC/ALM Preferred).
- Experience with JavaAPI/soapUI is a must.
- Must have 3+ years of experience with web service testing (SoapUI, Client Service Test, SOAtest).
- 2+ years working experience of hands on any automation tool (e.g Selenium).
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key.
- Candidates should be selfmotivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4+ years of hands on software testing experience