Project Manager / Scrum Master
December 01, 2021
Type: Full Time
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager cum Scrum Master who will guide the work of several agile development teams, ensure that teams follow development best practices, review work products, and synchronize the delivery roadmap on a large software program.
As a manager, you will work with clients and scrum teams to plan, design, and implement functionality for a large-scale client facing web application.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Scrum team in using Agile methodology and scrum practices.
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization.
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments.
- Help the scrum and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework.
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur.
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity.
- Support the product owner and provide education where needed.
- Review development work products and develop detailed technical designs based on the integration of business rules and partner systems.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentor the developers and senior developers through formal and informal channels.
- Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Effectively communicate and resolve issues with cross functional groups to escalate issues or changes in scope with clients, customers, and management.
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Owns the development lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
- Prior experience on a scrum team.
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum.
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not.
- Experience with successful Agile techniques.
- Ability to work with and lead a team.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction.
- Strong understanding and development experience in Web Services and UI
- Experience in Atlassian JIRA, Confluence or any other related products.
- 10+ years of progressive IT experience project plans, milestones, requirement gathering/analysis, and system design and software development.
- 5+ years developing solution and strategies across multiple architecture domains (infrastructure application, data, integration, and security) involving multiple of the following technologies: web technologies, service-oriented architecture, integration / middleware. Agile development methodology is mandatory.
- Experience in playing scrum master role in past engagements.
- Certifications on any PMO would be a plus.
- Should have experience working with external teams, production operations, program management and clients to lead and facilitate short-term and long-term actions to plan and deliver releases.