Herndon, VA or St Louis, MO
January 23, 2019
Type: Full Time or Contract
Location: Herndon, VA USA or St Louis, MO
APPTIUM Technologies is seeking an experienced Product Marketing Specialist with strong knowledge of the telecommunications industry. The role sits at the intersection of product, sales and marketing and will work very closely with each of these teams.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop product messaging and positioning that differentiates Apptium’s products and services from others in the market while translating product capabilities and features into benefits and value-statements for customers
- Communicate the value of new products and services to the sales and marketing team
- Develop sales tools that support the selling process including sales kits and sales training programs
- Assist Sales Team in customer meetings to provide deeper dives into the product
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of Apptium’s offerings
- Assist in the creation of product content such as case studies, videos, website copy and collateral
- Maintain and manage competitive intelligence and comparisons by working with cross-functional stakeholders and executing self-led research
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage
- Proven ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with the ability to properly translate and articulate product positioning and the value of Apptium’s solutions
- Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams
- BS degree in an applicable field
- Minimum of 5 years previous working experience in a Product Marketing role
- Deep understanding of Telecommunications industry standards and methodologies
- Good understanding of Telecommunication domain solutions
- Strong quantitative and business analysis skills
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Candidate should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of telecom or cable solutions marketing, product marketing, product management or related experience.