Platform Support Engineer
May 10, 2018
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Apptium Technologies is looking to hire a Platform Support Engineer to deliver support to the organization via various software and application programs efficiently and effectively while fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, development, and other business units. The Platform Support Engineer is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house software applications, how they are designed, developed, tested, and deployed to the production environments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage business relationships, application performance, and the identification and delivery of new and existing application services to meet the business users known and emerging needs.
- Proactively communicate with various business areas/leaders to understand short and long term plans ensuring that applications meet the requirements for the end-users and the business.
- Liaise with Project Manager and Development team to initiate Work Efforts that enhance supported application functionality.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Provide remote technical assistance and support, and resolve problems related to the use of applications for end users.
- Research, resolve, respond to, and document end user inquiries; and escalate or reassign issues and problems as needed to appropriate resource for resolution.
- Document current processes and procedures; and build, maintain and contribute to a knowledgebase for the organization’s systems.
- Participate in scheduling rotation for providing after hours on-call escalation support to end-users.
- Provide On-Call service on a scheduled basis and trouble-shooting of customer applications in a 24×7 model.
- L1, L2 and L3 application support experience.
- Experience in Install, configure, manage and deploy applications in the customer environment.
- Experience in create/run regression/sanity tests for applications.
- Ability to work on UNIX/Windows platforms.
- Soft Skills – Ability to lead/guide, Good analytical skills, Good interpersonal skills, written & verbal communication skills, Exposure of working with international clients and cross cultural teams.
- Able to work independently as well as with diverse teams.
- Strong understanding of web-enabled products.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Telecom background would be a plus.
- Willing to work overtime when needed.
- Build deployment tools – ANT, MAVEN.
- Continuous integration tools – HUDSON, JENKINS.
- Programming Scripts – shell, batch, Perl, Python, Groovy, Cronjobs.
- Experience with application servers like Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic, Glassfish.
- Experience with J2EE technologies like JDK, JRE, JVM, Html, JSP, Servlets, Spring, Hibernate a plus.
- Database – Oracle, MySql, NoSQL (Mongo, Neo4j, graph), SQL Server.
- Cloud hosting and computing – Amazon, GoDaddy, Apache, MS Azure.
- Version Control – SVN, GIT.
- Collaboration/Task management – JIRA, ALM.
- Ability to work on multiple platforms including Windows, Linux & UNIX.
- Knowledge of databases – Oracle, NoSQL and MySQL.
- Core JAVA/J2ee (Struts, Springs), Sybase, Web Services, XML, CSS, Perl.
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key. Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running. Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
Education & Experience
BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or related field. 3-5 years of Platform Support experience.