August 17, 2020
Type: Full Time
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
APPTIUM Technologies is looking for an experienced Performance Test Engineer with AWS and GCP Cloud experience. The candidate must have a strong understanding of microservices deployments in cloud environments. The primary function of the role is to design, develop Performancetest plans, recommendtoolsfor analysisand provide recommendations to enhance the performance of the applications.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop performance testing plans and test cases
- Work with customers to understand the non-functional requirements and user behavior to design the load test plan
- Work with the solution architects to understand the functional architecture and the various components of the solution (Web, API, Database, microservices)
- DevelopPerformance Test reporting & process toolsand report trends highlighting product performance in a detailed view.
- Work closely with Operations team to manage deployments and configurationsand provide tools to measure performance metrics and bottlenecks.
- Collaborate with developers and architects to analyze performance issues and identify root cause.
- Provide recommendations on tools and best practices for scaling applications in AWS and GCP and work with the Operations teams for implementation
- Certified Cloud practitioner with working experience in GCP, AWS cloud environments.
- Understanding of microservices architecture.
- Well versed with cloud-based and n-tier architecture.
- Experience in monitoring AWS RDS, CPU Utilization, Memory utilization
- Experience with caching frameworks such as Redis
- Experience in performance testing like Stress, Load & Endurance testing, Volume and Scalability testing measuring various attributes like response time, throughputs, speed, CPU & Network usage.
- Good Hands-on Experience in conducting Performance monitoring activities on applications/websites and advise corrective actions from the results to ensure system stability, reliability, scalability
- Experience in load testing tools like JMeter, Load Ninja, Loadrunner, AppDynamics with relevant experience in creating reusable test scripts.
- Experience in web service and API testing using tools like Sandbox, Postman, SoapUI, etc. Experience with Web-debugging tools like Fiddler, Chrome Developer Tools, HttpWatch, DebugBar, Yslow etc would be an advantage.
- Exposure to security testing and OSWAP standards would be a plus
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- B.Tech/B.E., MCA -Computers, M.Tech -Any Specialization, M.Sc –Computers
- 8+years of relevant work experience supporting large-scale IT applications
- 3+ years of experience in testing applications on AWS or GCP