October 14, 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada
APPTIUM Technologies is seeking a Performance Engineer that will collaborate with Application Teams, Business Analysts, IT Architects, Development Team Members, and Infrastructure Operations to provide performance management services and expertise across the entire service catalog. This position provides performance planning, testing, execution, analysis, custom development, and recommendations across the Infrastructure and the Application.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical input into planning efforts
- Create technical testing strategy and technical scope
- Prepare, execute and monitor all testing activities
- Maintain test lab including the performance tools and the performance environment
- Provide evaluation of application performance and capacity on system resources usage to sustain business application volume processing
- Build tools and simulators to identify (and help others identify) performance bottlenecs at the micro-level
- Partner with our application development to design & implement performance improvements
- Practice and enforce Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Integrate AppDynamics with other tools and applications in the environment
- Provide on time, accurate and realistic status reports or input to status reports using standard templates
- Ability to provide on time, accurate and realistic status reports or input to status reports using standard templates
- Strong working experience and knowledge of application performance matters in a complex multi-tiered environment including both UI as well as Service/API testing.
- Strong Experience in Performance Engineering( JVM, GC, JDBC, Thread
Pools, Thread Dumps, CPU, Memory and Physical Disks concepts and Counters)
- Strong Experience in load Profiling and Monitoring tools ( CA Wily
Introscope, Dynatrace, App Dynamics, Team Quest, SQL Profilers, J-Profilers)
- Must have 2+ years of experience with in automation test frameworks, such as Data-driven, Keyword-driven Automation framework.
- Strong XML and JSON generation and manipulation skills, and web services.
- Test and implement AppDynamics Monitoring Extensions appropriate for Client’s technology stack (e.g. Webservers; Messaging Tiers, Middlewares, databases, infrastructure components)
- Deep technical skills in at least one core language environment e.g. Java, .NET and skills in technical areas that support the deployment and integration of performance-based solutions etc
- Strong Experience in load Profiling and Monitoring tools (CA Wily
Introscope, Dynatrace, App Dynamics, Team Quest, SQL Profilers, J-Profilers) Strong in Development skills in Programming knowledge in C, Java,SharePoint, Dot Net etc
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-7+ years in Performance Testing and Process.