Manager – Product Support
January 23, 2019
Type: Full Time
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
APPTIUM Technologies is recruiting for the position of Manager – Product Support. This position will be responsible for interacting with internal and external customer teams, providing assistance on product matters and improving the overall quality of support both at a team and organization level. With complete ownership of all support issues, the position will manage efforts for supporting, building and maintaining Apptium’s proprietary Eportal platform.
Apptium’s proprietary Eportal platform is a business management platform helping customers worldwide build applications through rapid application development. The Manager – Product support will be key in delivering support of this platform to our global teams with utmost quality and operational efficiency thereby driving a high degree of customer satisfaction.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be part of a highly skilled team of engineers developing our next gen platform that impacts internal/external teams at Apptium.
- Directly manage all customer interactions and co-ordinate efforts on support issues and cases. Be the escalation point for all issues related to support for assigned accounts.
- Manage day to day issues relevant to support – Be hands-on with handling incidents, coordinating calls and following problems to a resolution.
- Participate in triage calls, assess issues technically and engage with teams across the organization as needed for resolution
- Coach interacting teams on product best practices
- Contribute to engineering efforts for product improvement
- Report on key support metrics – Analyse and devise methods to improve overall performance and adherence to support goals and organizational objectives.
- Customer focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility with working hours
- Understanding of standard support SLAs and KPIs
- Understanding of Incident management, problem management and business user support
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and convert business issues into technical problems.
- Experience with managing L1/L2 levels of support preferably in the Telecom space.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- 10+ years of IT experience with 3 years in a management or leadership capacity
- Strong leadership skills and ability to inspire, mentor and motivate staff
- Strong understanding and experience with operational aspects of IT companies
- Exhibit sound judgement and professional communication skills
- Self-starter with abilities to build rapport and work with people at all levels, both inside and outside of the company