December 29, 2021
Type: Full Time
Location: Reston, Virginia
APPTIUM Technologies is looking to hire Java Developers to become an integral part of the team! You will be part of a talented software team, managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. Ultimately, you will deploy and maintain functional, secure and high-quality applications.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, and debug web-based software solutions, with a focus on Java, API’s/ back-end services and relational database technologies.
- Analyze, review, and rewrite programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new program requirements and provide implementation expertise and best practices in aspects of the software life-cycle development
- Prepare, maintain and update required technical documentation related to the scope of work
- Identify service performance issues and opportunities for improvement as well as help and support the resolution of such issues
- Support the Lead Architect in the technical management and execution of the project including coordinating, tasking, ensuring that milestones are achieved, working with team members, and supporting meeting briefings
- Effectively communicate and resolve issues with cross functional groups to escalate issues or changes in scope.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with clients, customers and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years experience with strong development skills in Java/J2EE
- Experience working as a hands-on developer.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in the telecom or cable industry a plus.
- Proven ability to perform well in a deadline-sensitive environment.
- Agile/Scrum development methodology desirable.
- Demonstrated success in high volume, low latency business critical systems.
- Proficient software development skills in Java
- Strong understanding of the J2EE architecture.
- Familiar with Java technologies: J2EE, Spring Framework, Springboot (Microservices), Hibernate, JDBC.
- Strong understanding and development experience in WebServices (RESTandSOAP).
- Experience working with relational databases (ORACLE, MYSQL).
- Experience in the Linux/Unix environment.
- Working experience with NOSQL databases (Couchbase, MongoDB) a plus.
- Working experience with AWS is a plus
Apptium Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. Apptium participates in the E-Verify program.