August 18, 2018
Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Location: Herndon, VA USA
Apptium Technologies is looking to hire a Java Develop to become an integral part of our team! You will develop and code for various projects in order to advance software solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and debug web-based software solutions, with a focus on Java, API’s/
back-end services and relational database technologies.
- Analyze, review, and rewrite programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to
new program requirements.
- Effectively communicate and resolve issues with cross functional groups to escalate
issues or changes in scope.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with clients, customers and management.
- Experience working as a hands-on developer.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in the telecom or cable industry a plus.
- Proven ability to perform well in a deadline-sensitive environment.
- Agile/Scrum development methodology desirable.
- Demonstrated success in high volume, low latency business critical systems.
- Strong understanding of the J2EE architecture.
- Familiar with Java technologies: JSP, Servlet, J2EE, Struts, Spring Framework, Hibernate, JDBC.
- Strong understanding and development experience in Web Services (REST and SOAP).
- Experience working with relational databases (ORACLE, MYSQL).
- Experience in the Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA, Confluence a plus.
- Working experience with NOSQL databases (Couchbase, MongoDB) a plus.
- Working experience with Apache Kafka, AWS, CloudFoundry, Akka a plus.
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key. Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running. Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree 1-4 years experience with strong development skills in Java/J2EE.