November 07, 2019
Type: Full Time
Location: Reston, VA
APPTIUM Technologies is seeking an HR Specialist to join our HR Operations team in Reston, Virginia. This role will serve as a key member of our HR Operations team providing daily support to the business. Individuals who enjoy a fast-paced work environment with a high degree of interaction will truly enjoy this role resolving and researching issues and providing a high level of customer service.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIE
- HR-support for North America acting as the first point of contact for employees and managers
- Managing orientation and on-boarding for all new employees
- Be the local expert providing hands on labor law advice and support
- Partnering with managers to understand and resolve local issues
- Working with the business to develop proactive solutions to recurring team challenges
- Road managing global HR project work and roll-out of HR initiatives
- Supporting processes through the employee life cycle including performance development, organizational change and conduct issues
- Delivering training to support manager development
- Completing regular audits and any necessary admin
- Reviewing HR processes and suggesting changes to improve efficiency and scalability
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations
- You have at minimum 3+ years of experience working in a generalist HR role
- You have a broad knowledge and understanding of North America work legislation
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, being inclusive of all stakeholders
- You’re able to work independently, and are comfortable working with a remote team
- Able to productively challenge and influence other teams and managers
- Able to prioritize well and be flexible in a fast-paced environment with changing demands
- Experience of road managing projects and managing resources to ensure successful completion of objectives
- Proven communication skills – both verbal and written
- Demonstrates a solution focused approach to problem solving, with the ability to find pragmatic outcomes
- Able to demonstrate a commercial approach to managing HR issues
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience