Application Support Engineer
October 15, 2019
Type: Full Time
Location: Chennai, India
APPTIUM Technologies is looking to hire an Application Support Engineer who is experienced in software development, system administration and test engineering. Will develop high-quality, cost-effective, and timely solutions in the fast-paced global industry. Must be highly motivated and a self-starter who enjoys innovating and constantly improving the products and processes.
- Manage business relationships, application performance, and the identification and delivery of new and existing application services to meet the business users known and emerging needs.
- Should take ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Proactively communicate with various business areas/leaders to understand short and long-term plans ensuring that applications meet the requirements for the end-users and the business.
- Research, resolve, respond to, and document end user inquiries; and escalate or reassign issues and problems as needed to appropriate resource for resolution.
- Document current processes and procedures; and build, maintain and contribute to a knowledgebase for the organization’s systems.
- Participate in scheduling rotation for providing after hours on-call escalation support to end-users.
- Provide On-Call service on a scheduled basis and troubleshooting of customer applications in a 24×7 model.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged.
- L1, L2 and L3 application support experience.
- Experience in Install, configure, manage and deploy applications in the customer environment.
- Experience in create/run regression/sanity tests for applications.
- Ability to work on UNIX/Windows platforms.
- Able to work independently as well as with diverse teams.
- Strong understanding of web-enabled products, Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Telecom background would be a plus.
- Willing to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to lead/guide, Good analytical skills, Good interpersonal skills, written & verbal communication skills, Exposure of working with international clients and cross-cultural teams
- Knowledge in collaboration/task management – JIRA, Rally and ALM
- Ability to work on multiple platforms including Windows, Linux & UNIX.
- Knowledge in shell script would be a plus. Should have knowledge in help desk software like Zendesk.
- Should possess experience in a heavy customer focus position involving and technical knowledge of a companies’ products and services
- Knowledge in SCM tools like GIT, Maven, Jenkins would be a plus.
- Knowledge in Java technology would be a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- B.Tech/B.E., BCA, B.Sc.- Any Specialization
- MCA – Computers, M.Tech – Any Specialization, M.Sc – Computers.
- Minimum 3 years to Maximum 5 years of experience