October 14, 2019
Type: Full Time
Location: Herndon, VA
Apptium is looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our Sales team! In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams (including Customer Service and Product Development departments) to improve the entire customer experience. Ideally, candidates for this role will know how to meet ambitious individual and team-wide sales quotas. Ultimately, a successful Account Manager should collaborate with our sales team to achieve quotas while keeping our clients satisfied and engaged with our products and services in the long-run.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- 5 years of proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager or relevant role
- Telecommunications industry experience is a must
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with MS Office (particularly MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key.
- Candidates should be selfmotivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or relevant field.